Amid coronavirus pandemic, Indian finance minister Nirmala Sitharaman held a press conference in New Delhi informing about the 1.17 lakh crore package, which the government of India has introduced to help the poor and tackle the corona pandemic. We will notify you with every minor and major detail of her press conference and decisions and initiatives the Indian government is taking for the next three months to tackle and fight corona. The below given are the in-depth details of the press conference and announcements.
WATCH: Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman addresses the media in Delhi https://t.co/SvDinw5db0— ANI (@ANI) March 26, 2020
Old age, Divyang, pensioners: 3 crore people covered, one-time amount of additional Rs 1000 in two installments through DBT (hence no middlemen) over 3 months to be given,announces FM Sitharaman pic.twitter.com/8PCSokKzrb— ANI (@ANI) March 26, 2020
Everything about finance minister press conference and relief fund to tackale corona pandemic.
- 80 crores poor to get extra 5KG rice/wheat for free for the next three months. This announcement was made under “Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan ann yojna. “Approx. 80 crore poor peoples are said to be benefitted by the decision, 5kg wheat/rice per person for free is in addition to the already allotted 5kg that they get for the next three months. An additional 1 kg pulses, based on their regional preference, will also be given to them.
- Another announcement was made to provide 8.3 crore BPL (below poverty line) families to get free cylinders for the next three months. This was announced under the “Ujjawala scheme.”
- She also announces that around 20 crore women and account holders will receive rs. 500 per month for the next three months.
- The government has decided to increase the MGNREGA worker’s daily wage from rs. 182 to rs. 202 per day, which amounts to an additional increment of Rs. 200 in daily wagers income. This announcement will benefit five crore families.
Self Help women groups (7 crore houses holds covered), collateral-free loans doubled to 20 Lakh, to increase money in hand, announces Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman pic.twitter.com/vHgcO166OQ— ANI (@ANI) March 26, 2020
There will be Rs 50 lakh insurance per health care worker as a medical insurance cover for them for three months. Hopefully, we would be able to contain the virus in this period: Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman pic.twitter.com/SaLbeXULZN— ANI (@ANI) March 26, 2020
5. The Finance minister said the government would amend the employee’s provident fund by which Workers can withdraw 75% of their EPF or three months’ wages, whichever is lower. This announcement is going to benefit around 4.8 crore workers. The government will also pay EPF contributions of select employers and employees for three months.
6. The Finance minister also announced in a press briefing that the government would pay the first installment of Rs. Two thousand to around 8.69 crore farmers under the Pradhan Mantri Kisan yojana in April.
7. She also added that widows and divyangs would get a one-time additional cash transfer of rs. 1000 in two installments.
8. The government also announced insurance worth Rs. 50 lakh per person for health workers for the next three months. This includes all medical staff like doctors, nurses, and other healthcare workers who are involved in selfless service and are standing in the first line of action for coronavirus treatments. Around 20 lakh workers are to get help from this announcement.
9. Another decision made by Odisha chief minister Naveen Patnaik by the government of Odisha to give four months salary in advance to all health care workers.